Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bunnies... "Ce matin, un lapin...."

My exploration of "wearable plush" (which I'd define as mini 3D plush brooches and necklaces) is taking me to venture into full on brooch making, using the vintage material I continuously get from my family back in France.


I have an amazing box full of vintage lace and ribbons which I have been using for these new brooches. I love using this material because it means a lot to me (since it has been part of my mom's, grandma's and great aunts' "stashes") and I feel like it truly has a soul, a history. 
Rushing/sewing the lace has been my favorite part in making these! It requires a lot of minutiae, which I love, and takes some time but I almost always feel happy about the result. 
I made these with a bunny theme as they will be part of a "bunny show" at the Eve-N-odd gallery in Florida in April but I am already making more with different designs... I will post some pictures soon :)


I tremendously enjoyed making these brooches and I hope you will like them too!
"Pearl Bunny", French vintage lace, wool blend felt, cotton thread, pearls - all hand sewn

"Grey Bunny", French vintage lace, cotton thread, roving wool, wool blend felt - all hand sewn
For more pictures go to my Flickr page


No comments:

Post a Comment