Monday, March 10, 2014

Embroidery galore for 2014!

Oops… it happened again, I kind of forgot I had a blog ;) 
But new year, new resolutions right? So maybe this year will be the year for frequent blog posts!
New year new designs too so here are some of the ;attest I have been working on. As you can see I have been concentrating a lot on embroidery lately and I have let it be the star of the design in most cases.

 Here are some "Monsieur Chat" - as I am wishing Spring to come (the sooner the better!!!) I have been making Spring color plush dolls like these Dapper Cats! I have used some vintage silk ties and experimenting with new stitches. I had a lot of un making these and the colors have definitely helped lift my mood!
(this one is a Cacharel tie… I felt a bit guilty cutting this one up but it was for a good cause!)

 (this one was an Italian Torrente silk tie)
 As for this owl, it was a custom order for the Fairfax coffee house down in West Virginia. I got inspired by the coffee place's facade for the colors and just started embroidering the front and made up the design as I went along.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiboucards/

I hope you enjoyed these. I think it's a good start to 2014 :)
More soon… promise!

Cheers,
Hibou

No comments:

Post a Comment