Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rainy day Dinosaur day!

Besides his love for owls my son has taken on a new obsession over Summer... He has become a dinosaur expert and our house is now filled with dinosaur books (both in French and English, which makes me work double too!), dvds, figurines and the likes :)
He knows all the names of all the dinosaurs in his books and is learning which ones are carnivores and which are herbivores. His latest habit has even been to get back up after we put him to bed at night, come to us and make a statement like "You know mama, velociraptors run really fast!", and then he runs back to bed!
All this to say that he managed to convinced me (ok that wasn't too hard!) to make a brachiosaurus for which he chose the colors and specified that it had to be big and have a reaaaaally long neck. Now he asks me everyday where I'm at with it... well, it takes time but I thought I would document the progress on my blog, thus allowing you guys to see how I make my plush animals :)
It already took me a while to cut all the pieces to ornate his back and then sew it all... and then I thought it would really be much better to do this on both sides so.... here we go :)
I'm now done with the other side and I'm thinking about his eyes and facial expression. More pics soon!

This blogging thing is really fun and I see why so many of my friends are doing it. I think it will be interesting to be able to document the making of my work as everything I make id hand sewn. I will try to detail what techniques I use so you can better understand why it takes time and what makes what I do so unique :)
Now I have to go back to work!
Ciao,
Anne-Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment